The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

5 posters

Deus Ex

Fenon
    Fenon

Deus Ex - Page 2 Empty Re: Deus Ex

Post by Fenon Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:01 am

Nope you don't need the disk after install, it's a Steam game, the disk only helps you install the game faster. I wonder if you have to put the disk in the PC at all, I've not tried entering the activation code into Steam before running the disk.

I can't really comment about the Augmented edition, I felt a bit like it was going to give me an advantage that I didn't want, thats not the reason I didn't get it though, it just wasn't in the online shops and I really wanted to get this game. I'd say get the Limited edition, I haven't used any of the stuff that you get from it. The unlockers could be seen as a cheat, but when you get to a decent hacking level they don't really give you any advantage other than breaking into place faster (Useful when there are patrolling guards etc) but hacking gets you more money, exp etc so it's always worth hacking.

I don't regret not getting the Augmented Edition, I have enough trouble carrying around the stuff in the game as it is, but then it does open up more options.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:01 pm

Fenon wrote:I think it can work, I don't dislike they way the story is at the moment it works perfectly well and if it was done in the way I suggested the story would have needed to be done differently, I know that there is a reason why Adam needs Augments for the story to work, I've only just got to China in the game but I can guess whats coming up regarding that. Also my idea would have caused the developers to write a lot more content since NPC's would have to react differently to you if you had no Augs.

Did you get the choice of becoming Augmented in the first Deus Ex? Or were you already Augmented.

JC started out Nano Augmented. Spoiler warning, but he is a clone. And his whole reason for being made was because he could be augmented when 99% of the population could not be.

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:16 pm

Ah! Lord the music in the game is great BUT the bit I'm on right now has a horrible high pitch noise that hurts my ears, I've not idea why they would put that sound into the music. I don't want to mute the music but I think I'll have to till that music changes.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:27 am

Still loving this game, kind of wishing it was over so that I could start playing again.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:27 pm

You know what I love about this game, I'm not special in it, I'm sick of being a special person in games that has powers that other people don't which makes me super powerful, in this I'm just another Augmented guy, I may have high end Augments but thats about as far as it goes. Others have the same Augmented powers as I have, I'm not remotely stronger than the enemies, infact they have the edge since they can target me faster than I can them and they all come after you if you piss them off.

I still don't know if this is better than the Witcher 2, I think I'll have to make a topic and compare the two properly.
    DarkShroud
    DarkShroud

Post by DarkShroud Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:09 pm

Got this for my Birthday on the 360. Only just recently started playing it and have to say I'm really enjoying it. I played the 1st on on the PC and 2nd one on ye olde X-Box and really enjoyed them so I figured I'd like it.

It the augmented edition too so I've been having fun with those remote explosives Twisted Evil Mwahahaha!
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:17 pm

Well I've finally completed Deus Ex Human Revolution, only took a little over a year! I wasn't too far from the end as it turns out, just an afternoon's gaming to finish it. I was a bit lazy though, didn't try to sneak much and do non-lethal. I might start it again now see what I could have done differently, or at least play without the computer problems I had last year. I'll get that DLC as well when that comes up on sale.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:29 pm

I don’t think I’ll ever complete it, I go to it every now and then but it doesn’t hold my interest for long.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:58 pm

I enjoyed the crap out of the game when I was playing, I don't know exactly why I stopped, if it was because of the PC problems or I bought another game, maybe both. I've started it again trying to be fully non-lethal except the 3 you have to kill Stupid game designers forcing you to kill! How are you supposed to play fully non-lethal and fight guys that you have to kill, it means you need to carry lethal stuff in your smallish inventory!!! It cheapens the experience a lot for me. Oh yeah what was I saying, ah yeah I've been playing like that but I couldn't face doing the side quests again once I'd finished the first mission.
    DarkShroud
    DarkShroud

Post by DarkShroud Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:01 pm

I completed this too a couple months back. It was a strange game for me cause I didn't feel pulled to play it yet when I did I couldn't put it down for hours. Was slightly cheaty at the end and saw all the endings by just reloading - seems rather cheap you can get the different endings by one decision at the end. Got the achievement for seeing all the endings doing that lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 pm