The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

3 posters

Ahhh s**t!

Fenon
    Fenon

Ahhh s**t! Empty Ahhh s**t!

Post by Fenon Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:23 pm

Ok my PC just blue screened while playing Shogun 2, which it has never done before, I am willing to accept that there might be something wrong with the PC and not with the games themselves now.

How can I work out whats wrong, and how do I fix it?
    Fenon
    Fenon

Ahhh s**t! Empty Re: Ahhh s**t!

Post by Fenon Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:32 pm

Well there is quite a lot of dust in my PC, and it doesn't feel as cool in there as it used to. The air being pushed out of the CPU cooler used to be cool, now there's a slight heat, nothing much though, and it doesn't feel like enough cool air is being pulled in at the front. I think I'll clean the dust filters and see if that helps at all. When I get a can of air I'll do the insides a bit.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:55 pm

Ok yeah I think I can be fairly sure it's the overclock, I had another blue screen today and when the PC started I got a different screen, this one said overclock failed and gave me the option to either set up something (The bios I guess) or set the clock to default. This happened months ago as well I don't know if it was after a blue screen but I don't think so, I restarted my PC both times I've had this message and it goes back to running like normal.

I completely forgot that this happened, but it makes sense I guess.

I'm taking my PC into a place to get it fixed this week, I guess I could have saved myself money by just clicking to set it to default but I think I was still holding out hope that some how it isn't the overclock thats the problem. Still I'm going to get the PC cleaned and get the wiring redone so that I can get the back onto it properly, I took it off for some reason and haven't put it back. I might ask about quiter fans as well, my CPU fans make a lot of noise.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:29 am

Ok my PC has been in the repair shop for a week nearly, they've cleaned it, they've rewired it, they've tested all the parts, they've looked at the overclock.

Everything passed, but it's still crashing...

They say there was something strange with the RAM and they think it's the RAM thats the problem, they didn't have any DDR to test to make sure it was the RAM.

*Sigh*

Anyway my PC is coming home today, the guy said that maybe it's just because of the extremeness of the tests they do thats the problem, maybe in normal use it will be fine so I'm in effect testing the PC. My overclock has also been slightly reduced.

I think in the near future I'm going to upgrade to 12gb's of RAM, if my PC still crashes.

I'm never getting overclocked stuff again...
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:47 pm

got my pc back but the keyboard is acting a bit odd.
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:48 pm

is it a datel one?
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:38 pm

Ah, the joys of GC PSO, controller in hand and keyboard wedged between the arms of the chair, good times.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:09 pm

I bought new batteries today I was still having a little oddness.

I want to buy a new wired mouse and keyboard as well as a proper mouse pad.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 pm