The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

Darksiders

Fenon
    Fenon

Darksiders Empty Darksiders

Post by Fenon Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:53 am

Not impressed so far, ignoring the fact that it took all day to download. So far I started the game and went to the options to change the graphics settings, the only graphic setting you can change is the res and vsync. That is it. So you know whatever it sucks but it's not the biggest deal, I started the game and I want looking straight up at the sky, tried using the controller to look around since it appeared to be working as default, but nope I can move the camera from side to side but it seems the up and down doesn't work. Ok so I went to the controls option... I can't change anything in the controls options... I'm going to need to do some google work I think to work out how to fix this one. I can just play with the keyboard and mouse but I need to unplug the controller to use them.

If you have an Xbox360 controller this shouldn't be a problem for you at all.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Darksiders Empty Re: Darksiders

Post by Fenon Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:55 am

Ok unplugged my controller and played with the keyboard & mouse. It plays quite well with the K&M only one thing I don't like and thats the skill wheel, it's set to the caps lock button which would be ok but there is no cap lock indicator on my keyboard so I won't know if it's on or not and I've had trouble in the past when I've had to enter a password which is case sensitive. I've tried to set it to another key but all the keys around WASD are used for important things.

The game itself plays really well, I like it. The hack and slashing feels nice, the sound is good, there isn't much variety to it yet but I'm sure it expands. There's a mixture of other genres mixed in so the hacking is broken up a bit.

People compair it to Zelda, to me it's more like Brutal Legend (The hacking parts not the RTS bits) the slashing feels the same, which is good because I really really liked Brutal Legend, and it's mixed with other genres like Brutal Legend.

Oh and the game looks very good even without the options.

I'm interested in the story which I can't say I am in most games these days, the voice acting is very good, the cutscenes are wonderful, the level design is nice. It's linear, you are just running down a path but it's an interesting path and at least at the start of the game there is a lot going on in the background (Wasn't much in the level after the openning level of the game yet though).

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:03 am