The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

2 posters

Mass Effect

Fenon
    Fenon

Mass Effect Empty Mass Effect

Post by Fenon Fri May 13, 2011 9:51 am

I found out the yes Mass Effect does have 1920 by 1080 it's just that the option is a little hidden by the hud style, there is a scroll arrow but its hard to see.

*Cough* I've been a little disappointed with Mass Effect and I've realised the main reason for that, I was confusing it with Freelancer... I thought you had a general story that existed in the world but you were free to do what you wanted. But so far Mass Effect is more on rails than that, which is fine. I've only just got the spaceship so I don't really know what that part of the game is like.

I don't like that the different weapons appear to just be colour changes of the ones you start with and the same with armour for the most part. I don't care for having all the weapons on you either, I know the weapons you have depend on your class but I still don't like it, I don't like the guys I'm with being clones of me (Unless they are aliens) and having the same weapons in the same places. These aren't really big things, I just don't like them and I'm still hoping that it's just because I'm at the start of the game and it changes later on.

I do love that the NPC's actually talk in the game, I actually am quite happy to listen to everything they have to say. Which I might start off doing if I had to just read it but I would get tired of that quite quickly. You don't seem to be able to skip the talking though which does kind of suck because my pc crashed and I had to listen to stuff again and I didn't really want to.

I had to turn the game down to the easiest setting because I was getting my butt completely kicked in an ambush. Got my shield stripped and my weapon fried so I was open and unable to defend myself and the enemy just walked past the only cover I had and slaughtered me. I did much better on the easiest setting however when I killed the last guy he shot just before dying and killed me...

I do not enjoy the driving section of the game with that 6 wheeled tank thing. It has awful controls and if the road isn't flat it can be hard to shoot enemies the gun has a very limited vertical movement, I'm either shooting over their heads or around their feet.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Mass Effect Empty Re: Mass Effect

Post by Fenon Fri May 13, 2011 12:04 pm

Got past the part I was stuck on and had to cheat by lowering the difficulty, I went back into the settings and found that it was actually on the highest setting I can play on at the moment. I saved thankfully, because a little further on I got stuck behind an invisible wall some how and had to quit.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri May 13, 2011 10:37 pm

Lovely... It seems the game likes to blue screen you if you have newer graphics cards... I've had it blue screen twice now.

Just noticed Armok made a Mass Effect topic, could someone merge them.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat May 14, 2011 10:59 am

... Another bug, I used an elevator but nothing happened... Got stuck standing there.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun May 15, 2011 1:04 am

Ballsing hell, I've got to a mission where I have to fight those physic women(?) and the game has become bug city, I've tried to do it twice now. The first time I got push through a barrier into an area I'm not supposed to be able to go to and couldn't get back, I got stuck under the area I was supposed to be on. The second time I was being hit by their powers again and I think I nearly got pushed out again but stopped ontop of the barrier and when I got off of it I was floating over the ground and when trying to go up stairs the game started spazzing out, like when you have really really bad lag and everytime you try to move forward it sends you back.

I have to say that while the story is interesting, although sometimes talking to NPC's is a bit choppy. The game is fun to play. It is close to unplayable. I'm constantly saving not because I'm afraid that I'll dying or screw up, but because I'm afraid that the game will either blue screen at any moment, just stop working or break with some kind of awful bug.

If I was reviewing the game it would be close to a 5/10, it doesn't deserve that rating but because of all the bugs and blue screens it's not really playable and the enjoyment is sucked out of it close to completely. So far just on the world I'm on now, I've had a blue screen, a lift not work which trapped me and the two buggy things above. I haven't left the planet yet and I am expecting more to go wrong before I do.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Mon May 16, 2011 5:44 pm

Ah PC ports, good times. Xbox version rarely crashes. (personally it's never, but not the best word to ever say)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content