The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

Minecraft.

Fenon

Re: Minecraft.

Post by Fenon on Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:17 am

Ew ew ew ew ew no. That texture pack is bad, the stone is soooo ugly and makes the caves really dark, most of the other textures are ugly as well. No I'll go back to the one you are using. It takes all the things which are good about that texture pack and throws them out.

If you are interested in the texture pack I was using, I don't think I posted a link to it, here it is Gerudoku There's a slightly different version here Doku DSremix I don't see the difference, I'm just putting it here because I might want to check sometime.
    Visage

Post by Visage on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:24 am

Why oh why did I start playing this, why couldn’t I have stayed a cynical bystander. No

Curses on the little square blocks Suspect

Post by Fenon on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:35 am

You don't like it?

What are you disliking?
    Visage

Post by Visage on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:52 am

No I like it, I Really like it, I didn’t think I would without sharing a server but I totally get it now. It’s gaming crack and that’s NOT what I need in my life right now.

Post by Fenon on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:23 pm

Ah got ya.

We need to go about finding a server to join now, I might take a look in a bit and say that I have two other friends that want to join in my application and see what happens. Dark you are wanting to play online yes?
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:01 pm

I`m not really interested in online at the moment to be honest ( and no you cynical lot,it`s not because I cant play online ) as everything that happens in my world is a direct consequence of something I`ve done and not someone else.
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:27 pm

Thought that might be the case since you didn't get involved in the online chatter. For me thats something thats interesting, in the offline game you log out and then after a few days log in again and everythings the same, in the online game when you come back everything could be completely different. The only thing that concerns me is spending a lot of time building something and someone plants a bomb inside and it all gets blown up. I don't think thats much of a problem, creepers are going to be the things which cause that kind of problem.

I can always say that we have another friend that doesn't want to play online yet but might in the future.
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:33 pm

Ok well a lot of the servers I clicked on have mostly 17-18 year olds on them. Do you want to find a server with more mature gamers?
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:20 am

GUYS GUYS! We can finally get our hands on this game on November 11th 2011! Thats the date Minecraft will be released!
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone on Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:51 pm

Same day as Skyrim....
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone on Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:12 pm

I`m finding some huge seams of coal on my world...this is one of the smaller ones.

Visage

Post by Visage on Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:31 pm

Fenon wrote:GUYS GUYS! We can finally get our hands on this game on November 11th 2011! Thats the date Minecraft will be released!
    I don't see what difference it will make isn't this beta just wip for the retail game, by the time it comes out we will already have the latest build.

Darkstone wrote:Same day as Skyrim....
    And I know witch game I'll be playing Very Happy

Post by Darkstone on Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:38 pm

Notch has stated that just because we have bought the Beta,it wont necessarily mean that the "retail" version will be distributed to registered players.He also said that the version released in November will in no way be the final version and will still receive updates and new features.

Apparently the financial company that is looking after Mojang is panicking at the thought of the game being given out free to already registered players.However Notch has always said that when Minecraft hits the final version he will release it as open source
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:24 pm

Well I don't really want to pay for it again, if they do make us pay again they should at least give it to us at a large discount since if we didn't buy the game (Not me actually the people who bought it really early on) the game wouldn't even be coming out most likely, bit of a slap to the balls if we have to pay full price again.

Anyway, yeah I'm sure they'll add new stuff on release day just to make some kind of difference to the game. I have no idea what Skyrim is.

Yeah I've been finding some deep vains for coal as well and quite a lot of diamond, I found 10 on my last trip into the caves, thats 2 sets of 5 not 10 in one place, that would be crazy. I came back from that trip with nearly 4 stacks of coal as well, but not as much iron as usual, I think it was 41 which is plenty but I was expecting more I guess.

Vis do you want to have a go at finding a server you want us to play on?

Here's the link to that area of the forum: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewforum.php?f=1025&sid=3bf667b4950e292ccd6e75a5220ba4f6
    Visage

Post by Visage on Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:20 pm

Fenon wrote:

Vis do you want to have a go at finding a server you want us to play on?

Here's the link to that area of the forum: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewforum.php?f=1025&sid=3bf667b4950e292ccd6e75a5220ba4f6

Not to bothered at the mo, I'm still finding my way with the single player.

Post by Visage on Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:21 pm

Had a creeper get me in my sealed cave last night, can those bu**ers spawn anywhere?

Post by Visage on Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:39 pm

Darkstone wrote:Notch has stated that just because we have bought the Beta,it wont necessarily mean that the "retail" version will be distributed to registered players.He also said that the version released in November will in no way be the final version and will still receive updates and new features.

Apparently the financial company that is looking after Mojang is panicking at the thought of the game being given out free to already registered players.However Notch has always said that when Minecraft hits the final version he will release it as open source

This is the contract I bought in to, as far as I'm concerned I get the full game free, if you click on the copyright info it also clearly says

What you get for purchasing

Please note that Minecraft is currently a work in progress and NOT a finished product! The sandbox mode available right now. However, you may buy a discounted beta account today, which will also include the full game!

Post by Fenon on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:11 am

Do you guys build things that don't have much purpose? Or do you just build things that have a function?

I've mostly been collection things and building things as I need them, the most I've done is to build a normal house above ground, which does have a purpose still but it's not like digging a hole in the ground for a house. The castle I made was about defence and having an area I could do things above ground it, rather than hiding underground till morning. I want to build some just visual things to look at.
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:23 am

I mainly build things that have a function.I have my castle type base,three fortified mine entrances and a minecart track going to the furthest away mine.The only thing non functional is a(very) large monolith I made as a marker for my far away mine before I built my track going there.

EDIT: Just fell through the floor into lava and lost everything from a very profitable mining session,that`ll teach me to get greedy and dig that diamond out from underneath me Rolling Eyes

Anyway I grabbed some Obsidian earlier so I think I`ll make a portal and head for the Nether.....
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:05 am

I've been there man, I've also made a new set of iron armour and then right away dug above myself and did a lot of damage to the armour from falling sand or gravel.

Ya I start to collect obsidian to make my first portal, but got side tracked, got to get back to doing that.

I've finally turned it back upto hard and gone further into my cave, found a massive room, I love and hate these large rooms, at once they are interesting and scary, when you enter you don't know where you will be attacked from and you can't light all of it up at once, and lighting the top is difficult, there are always loads of off shooting caves where you can be attacked from.

Just after finding and clearing that room, I had a nasty moment, I had a feeling something was stalking me (I think the movement sound was a little off what it normally is) so I turned around and there was nothing, I then heard a hiss, moved a bit and then turned, there was nothing, thought it was just the lava spitting. Then I heard the sound of dirt but I wasn't standing on dirt, I turned and there was a freaking creeper, I ran like a girl till there was enough distance and I had sellected my bow, I damaged myself when running and nearly got trapped in a corner but I killed him.

Man Creepers are scary, I think my biggest fear at the moment is fighting skellingtons, I've developed techniques for dealing with Creepers, except the super sneaky ones, but skellingtons, if they are in an open area will just ruin me, I use walls as much as I can and I guess I should build walls to protect myself but yeah they are what I want to find least of all at the moment.
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:47 am

Just went to the Nether and quickly came out again............
    Visage

Post by Visage on Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:36 am

Building for purpose at the moment.

Need an answer.... Do creepers and trolls spawn inside your safe area while your out, Ive had that happen twice now and I'm sure I left all entrances sealed, The second time it happened I quickly put up a wall then I dug a passage around the back to my chest so I could get my stuff. I've had to surround my entrances with glass so I can see inside before going in.

Post by Darkstone on Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:41 am

I`ve never had mobs spawn inside my buildings but I`ve had the occasional chicken manifest itself in my storeroom.If your safe area is connected to a tunnel system and is open they can spawn down in the mines and make their way into your home.Also make sure your houses are lit well inside,mobs will spawn in any darkish area.
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:19 am

Yeah I've never had monsters spawn in my house except because of the bed thing (It was something to do with the bed being against a wall I've heard, or the depth of the wall, I don't know I like my theory, that I built my house on an Indian burial ground) like Dark said just make sure there are no dark places. Also chickens etc spawn on grass so if you have grass in your house they will spawn on that, if there is light.
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:02 pm

Ok my game is haunted, things keep happening without me doing them, it started with just my thing changing to different equipment, like I would be using the pick axe and it would scroll to the torches, I thought maybe I did it by mistake. Just now torches were being put down without me doing it and then it changed to cobblestone and put down 3 blocks of it.

Ok it's not a ghost it's just that my keyboards batteries are getting low but it's still a bit spooky.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:14 pm