The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+2
Darkstone
Fenon
6 posters

Minecraft.

Fenon
    Fenon

Minecraft. - Page 12 Empty Re: Minecraft.

Post by Fenon Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:35 am

Minecraft v1 has been released, this is the full version of the game (I hope it still gets updates) don't know whats new. To be truthful I'm not keen on the direction Minecraft went in, it was a pure game then Notch played Terraria and for some reason decided Minecraft needed to be more like it. At first I thought it was a good idea, but soon what made Minecraft charming and interesting was starting to be removed, little things like punching sheep for wool were taken out, why that was funny. The worst thing that makes me feel a little sick is that they seem to have given Minecraft an ending !!! why? it doesn't need one, I hope it was just a Yogscast joke, I didn't watch the video and haven't really kept up with Minecraft news for months.

I'll start playing it again when my nephew gets his PC and we can set up a server. I'm sure it's still a tonne of fun to play, but it's been tainted and isn't the game I feel in love with.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:58 am

Been playing Minecraft on it's Hardcore setting and well it's not very hard. Sure if I die it's all over, but so far I've only come close once and I've fought quite a few monsters now, and had Creepers blow up in my face, well not quite in my face, I've been keeping back from them but still the blew up near enough to me, and did hardly any damage. I'm wearing iron armour which is part of the reason it's quite easy, the armour doesn't seem to be taking much damage, I've been wearing it a while and it's hardly worn out at all.

I guess they made Hardcore a bit easier than hard or maybe normal so that it wasn't too hard, but I wanted that... Going to play on hard and see if thats the same since they made changes.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:59 am

Fen my sons been banging on at me about a mod he wants me to install, it's one that you can farm and breed animals I think, Anyway what do you know about installing minecraft mods, is it straight forward or a pain in the arse like Oldblivion.?
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:19 pm

The basic Minecraft game should let you breed animals now, but maybe it's an expansion of that or something, I don't know.

It can be a bit tricky to install mods with Minecraft and you have to make sure you get them from the offical forums (Ideally from topics that people have already posted in) from what I remember mods can be used to steal your login info, but Mojang might have changed that now, it was a long time ago I read that.

You install mods directly into the Minecraft.jar file so first you have to find the .minecraft folder in the roaming thing and Minecraft.jar is in the Bin folder, use winrar to open it (Don't unrar just open the file with it) then place the mod where ever it has to go in the file, the mod might tell you. There is a modloader, but not all mods work with it, also a lot of mods aren't for the current version of Minecraft so check on that.

Here's a video that might help not got time to check it fully got to go out.

Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:08 pm

Ta fen, Apparently according to my 11 year old who know everything, Rolling Eyes I can use the mod loader and yep it’s compatible. And his lined up a load of how to vids for me to watch. Lucky me. Suspect
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:53 pm

Looks like it's Oblivion all over again for you.

I'm going to be playing this over the net with my nephew soon, so I have to work out how to set up a server and sign up with Skype.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:05 pm

Took a pretty good beating on Hard and didn't loss much health with iron armour on and the armour was hardly damaged after 2 dungeons, though one of those I took down without taking more than one or two hits. I did lose about 3 hearts when I got hit by an arrow, it used to do 4 hearts but then again there's regen now so it maybe that I just regenerated a heart. With armour though it's really easy.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:56 am

Done pretty much everything in the game now, I'm trying to find a way into the End, which is a new Neather type place, in the hope that it might be a challenge, so far the game hasn't been, I was hoping to die really quick when I started Hardcore mode, but so far I've been completely let down. I think I'll take a look on the forums and see if there is a harder mode mod for the game. I've actually been making a farm as well, not just for wheat, but also an animal farm, I've got masses of pigs, plenty of sheep an ever growing herd of cows and a handful of chickens (Very rare on my world, I've seen about 4 or 5). Breeding them is a massive pain when you get a tonne of them, they all just swarm you it's very hard to tell which animals you've clicked on.

Still it's been pretty fun, I just jump in every now and then, do a little bit and leave again.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:05 pm

Going to try and build a city in minecraft, not sure how well it will work yet, I'm going to cheat a little in places, for example office buildings will be cloned to some degree, lets face it they are all the same anyway. I'm also building it in creative mode.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:55 pm

Made a new map for when I play this with my nephew, I found a massive ocean, seriously massive, I was flying for ages before I found even a hint of land, and then it was just a tiny bit before it was back to ocean. Very cool, the land that I do find is usually awesome.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:13 am

By the by if you haven't been keeping up with Minecraft they have now doubled the vertical world size, which is actually 3 times higher than the normal land height.

There are also a lot of other cool things but thats the main one. The downside to the latest patch is that Zombies can break down doors, which I see as something that will become annoying.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:39 am

I've not wanted to play for a while since my lad moded all the fun out of it along with the overkill of updates, but I noticed his dropped the mods and gone for this latest update, and yep Zombies braking doors down are very annoying indeed, and I noticed the height restriction had been lifted that was one of the reasons I lost interest, but I still yearn for the more basic survival game it was when I started playing.
    But I might now start a new world now.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:42 pm

Urgent help required

I've gone and updated Mincraft killing a very modded Minecraft of my sons, and he hadn’t backed up so I blame him but naturally he blames me.

So If anyone has a the minecraft jar file for "1.2.4" I would be very grateful.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:06 pm

Panic over, I've found one.
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:27 pm

i've totally forgot how to play this. got it on the 360 now. it's been like playing a new game again. just made some shears which are new since i last played.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:27 pm

I`ve got interested in this again and am enjoying the 1.3.1 update. Smile
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:56 pm

one of the achievments on the 360 is to fly a pig off a cliff but i havn't a clue how to get a saddle, can't see a crafting option for it and i havn't found a dungeon or an npc village, very strange
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:55 pm

You get the from the chests near spawners, at least on the pc you do, I imagine it's the same on 360.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:05 am

Yep it's the same on the 360 my son has the achievment.
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:22 pm

ok cheers for that i'll keep looking for a chest
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:52 pm

Started this last night, highly recommended espesialy if you're planning on getting FarCry3.

FarCry3 Map & Textures for Minecraft: http://far-cry.ubi.com/fc-portal/en-gb/minecraft/index.aspx

Rules are:

you're not allowed to brake blocks.

Use only the chests you find to store stuff.

Only sleep in beds you find.

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:48 pm

Pretty cool that a major game company would do this, but it's not the best looking map or texture pack I've ever seen.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:45 am

Currently playing the Beta of the new Feed The Beast pack called Unleashed, weighing in at over 100 mods I'm having a great time Smile

Mod List

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:57 pm