The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

Minecraft.

DS9

Re: Minecraft.

Post by DS9 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:56 am

Fenon wrote:
    You need to change the floor they spawn on grass.

actually my fort has plank flooring.

i admit the first place i tried was a earth / sand combo (you'd think none of us had read the three little pigs and the big bad wolf) which got blown up by some green freeky thing

how do i do windows and doors and lights?
    i've just been blockin my entrance at night. my windows and skylights are open but high.

Fenon

Post by Fenon on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:13 am

For torches you put coal on top of stick.

For windows you need a furnace, then you cook sand using coal or some other fuel.

Doors are 6 wood planks 2 wide 3 down.

I haven't watched the video so I don't know how helpful it is, the whistle in the guys voice was pissing me off and I've seen a few of these now.

Here's a more entertaining version if you didn't see it earlier, this is a more realistic version of your first night.

Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:13 am

Fenon wrote:
    DS9 wrote:
    Fenon wrote:
    Mr.Nine did you try the classic game?

no i just thot sodit and got the beta so far all i did was chop some trees and build a mini fort yet somehow a bouncin pig still got in

ps. blimey is that the time

You need to change the floor they spawn on grass.

(Another one lured into the Minecraft snare, next Bert and Shroud. Bri, and Mia will fall).

Very very unlikely unless they start charging sensible prices for what it is. Ie signifigantly less than the £5 mark. When I feel like making shit I'll just play one of the million other games that let me do that, and don't look like ass to boot.
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:34 am

It's worth the price, there's plenty in the game and it's a lot of fun.

Ugghh here's a tip don't break your furnace without taking the coal out first, I just broke a load of temp furnaces I was using to make brick and I lost a few stacks of 64 coal...
    DS9

Post by DS9 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:39 pm

i made a door Smile

also made a bed, first night in it some guy breaks in and beats the shit outta me, strange, i'm sure i didnt name my world Glasgow

not found any coal but i just found some flint

Visage

Post by Visage on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:43 pm

Visage wrote:Lets face it this is a poor corner of Ragol.Sad

No ones going to pay £10 for a game that looks like it belongs on the Commodore 64. Even if Peter Molyneux says it’s the best game of the last ten years, and it won indie game of the year in 2010. it also won best debut, best downloadable & most Innovation. cheers

LOL at my own post, how wrong I was. Laughing

Even when I hit the pay button I still believed I was throwing my money away.
    What swayed me was the amount of positives that were coming form people who had played it, the only negatives were from those who’s PC’s couldn’t run it, and a bunch of the most cynical gamers I know who sneer at anything that isn’t the latest greatest fps were lapping it up.

Even after watching videos I didn’t get the depth of game play, it wasn’t until I’d played for a few hours and discovered new crafting recipes did I begin to see what the fuss was about. yeah it looks basic on top but underneath there’s some clever stuff going on.

I watched my son play and he had a totally different approach, he discovered how to make fences, a boat and how to grow stuff completely on his own, he made a farm with fenced areas to keep live stock, bought sugarcane back from an island via his boat and planted it. (mobs off ) I was telling him fences won’t keep animals in because they jump and you can’t grow stuff…. how wrong was I, he managed to apply what was in his head to the game, for that it gets a 10 out of 10 from me.

Post by Visage on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:48 pm

DS9 wrote:i made a door Smile

also made a bed, first night in it some guy breaks in and beats the shit outta me, strange, i'm sure i didnt name my world Glasgow

Don’t put the bed next an outside wall, I'm not sure if it’s a bug or intended but beasty’s can get you if your beds touching the wall.

Post by Fenon on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:57 pm

DS9 wrote:i made a door Smile

You can make charcoal by cooking logs which are much the same thing as coal, I don't know if there is a difference other than the name. Has to be logs from tree's planks and sticks won't work, I think you can use planks as fuel. How is your PC handling the game Nine?

I wasn't at all interested in Minecraft till my Nephew pointed me to the Yogscast videos, he's into Minecraft as well but is only playing the classical version, I should try and get him the full game. He tried to get me interested in the game but I said, pffft no I'm not interested. I'm not looking forward to the mocking when he finds out I love the game...
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:04 pm

Oh a tip, place your door down from outside your structure not inside. If you put it down inside enemies can hit you through the door but you can't hit them, if you place it down from outside you can hit them but they can't hit you (Get very close to the door to attack or you'll open it and get your butt kicked).

Oh Nine also move your bed away from the wall it's something to do with either that (The thickness of the wall) or/and not enough light.
    DS9

Post by DS9 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:58 pm

pc been okay actually

too late about the door i dunno if can destroy and remake or move it

found coal after realising i needed a pick axe doh
    made torch so sorted for light must be like when caveman discovered fire
    got a furnace now too mmmm pork

got lost one night and dug an emergency hole in the ground but opened it too soon, killed a spider with by new sword i made from cobblestone but some growly thing got me, think it might have been a wolf or bear?

Fenon

Post by Fenon on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:38 pm

F**K had another blue screen and my world has gone again!
    Visage

Post by Visage on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:52 pm

Sorry to hear that especially after all your work.

Just a thought is there a way of backing up the files?

Post by Fenon on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:02 pm

The save file doesn't get delete it's just corrupt and thank goodness I just found a way to fix it. However it went back to the last save which sucks for me as I had done a lot since I saved last, but shouldn't complain, it's better than lossing everthing. I also lost everything that I had on me, since wasn't too bad the only things I cared about were the few stacks of brick I had on me and the diamond pick axe. Oh crap I had my TNT on me!!! I was going to use that to flatten the area near me.

There is a physical save file on your computer you've got to get into the roaming part of your computer to get to them.

You need the world map editor to fix your save file, you have to load your saved game in the editor and just place a spawn point somewhere on the map, then when you load your game you'll be somewhere underground in rock mostlikely and you'll die, then you'll go back to where you placed the spawn.

Third post down for the fix

I might use the editor to get back to the point I was at, I wouldn't normally do that but breaking brick takes a fair bit longer than stone and it was driving me crazy and now I have to do it all again, no thanks.

Oh there is one odd side effect of the fix, my save file now says it's 0MB's in the load world screen.
    DS9

Post by DS9 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:20 pm

discovered if you mine under a door it pops out for you to pick up and reposition

Fenon

Post by Fenon on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:45 pm

Oh sorry Nine yeah you can do that or keep hitting them till they break.

I've roughly given myself back what I lost, I still have to actually mine the things and cook them but it's better than nothing I guess, I also did a bit of work that I would have done if it wasn't for the blue screen.
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:26 pm

Eeeeeeeeeeeee I know what I'm doing when we do get a server setup!

(Pfffft no that would be an insane amount of work)
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:47 am

Here's a few screens of the current state of my train station, it's getting much bigger than I originally intended.

It looks much better on the inside than it does from outside, I think I'm going to have to plant some tree's etc to try and reduce how big and rectangular it is.

The station is no where near done, there's going to be another part added which will have a working ticket booth, what I'm thinking is I'll put in the booth and in the deck will be a dispenser with paper in it and when you press the button in the booth the paper (Ticket) will come out, I'll also put in red dusted up button to open the doors to the main building, but I'll also put a normal button in since I won't be able to get in otherwise.

I need to knock all of this down for the next section of the station, it goes quite far back as well.

I'm going to make a curved glass roof to the main building, not sure about another windows yet. You can't see it from the screens but the entrance to my cave is part of the building, not intended, but it's too good of a cave to just shut off and forget about.

I want to get some glow stone as well, I don't want to use torches for the stations lights, which means making a portal. I don't want to just make a portal though, I want some sense of occasion about it, I want to make some kind of shrine to the portal. I'm going to need a lot of obsidian to make it I think.
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:07 pm

Well there's another side effect to the fix of my save file, the new areas of the world aren't generating in a way that matches the existing world from before the blue screen. I found a mountain with a flat cliff face and then later saw that it went a long a line of where the new map was generated. It's a bit crap but I can always use TNT to make it look a bit more natural in areas it just looks wrong if I need to.

(Sorry if I don't make a lot of sense right now, I'm quite tired from doing some training with my Master, I can hardly keep my eye's open).
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:01 pm

Hmm ok had a go at making the arch for my station, I had it out of dirt first to make sure I was happy with it and it's easy to break if I wasn't.

Not sure what I'm going to so with it yet, I don't want to leave it looking plain. It's going to take a crap load of glass to cover this thing.

I tell you the rest of my stations are going to be very simple affairs.

Who knew building a train station involved so much picking flowers and punching sheep.

Edit: If you are interested I changed the texture pack to the one I was using ages ago to see what everything looked like on it now, I'll be changing it back to John Smith soon.
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:52 am

I started a new mine tonight and found quite a few resources pretty quickly all bundled together

Fenon

Post by Fenon on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:59 am

Blood heck, you aren't going to be cold tonight with all of that. How much iron was at the bottom?
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:18 pm

Have you had any luck with setting up a server Vis?
    Visage

Post by Visage on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:17 pm

Nope I've not relay played much the last few days and I'm going to be away for a bit so I'll have a go when I get back.

Post by Darkstone on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:23 pm

This is getting ridiculous,this is just after the previous shots,7 full stacks of coal and 3 full stacks of iron Smile

Fenon

Post by Fenon on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:47 pm

Man thats an insane amount of stuff.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:29 pm