The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

3 posters

Shogun 2 Total War

Fenon
    Fenon

Shogun 2 Total War - Page 2 Empty Re: Shogun 2 Total War

Post by Fenon Tue May 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness. CA finally gave the game dx11 which it was supposed to have had from the start and it's unlocked some of the advanced and basic graphical features, Shader 5 and something games that don't have dx11 don't have Anti-Aliasing. Joking aside the game looks really really nice now.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Shogun 2 Total War - Page 2 Empty Re: Shogun 2 Total War

Post by Fenon Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:32 pm

Started playing this again, since I've really dishonoured it by not playing it to disturbing levels, like I have with every other TW game.

Thankfully they have fixed the jarring movement on the campaign map that was annoying me, and for the most part they have fixed the odd animation when you follow cav around the battlefield. Which is all good, I've not found any problems with it except quite a bit of pop up when the generals are giving their speeches but that means nothing, the generals speeches are just about the speeches not the graphics, when you are actually in the game there is little popping in to notice, just the level of detail increasing or decreasing as you zoom in.

They have released DLC since I last played, which both adds new units and at the end of the month there will be a new campaign DLC released, which uses the same map but is set at an earlier time in Japanese history. There's not much that should be expected from the DLC since it's only £5.99, but it add's a bit more life to the game.

A new Total War game hasn't been announced yet, so I'm thinking they are building a new engine for the game and will release a new game in a year or two (A year from next March, not from now). I'll have quite gaming by then but if my PC can still run it, I'll get it as a special case (Though I'll most likely get addicted again).

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 pm