The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

Mechwarrior 5

Fenon

Mechwarrior 5

Post by Fenon on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:49 pm

After making that Steam post I thought I'd look up if any new games are being made and I found a video, with fantastic new looking graphics.

I was like WOW!!! ... wait it says 2010 and I've not heard anything about this till now and after search Youtube have found no other videos, it'll have been cancelled for sure.

Well I took a look on Gamefaqs and no Mechwarrior 5 was on there, not a good sign. Then I Googled and found a site says that the Mechwarrior 5 game got into legal trouble with Battlemech over one of the designs in the game. Mechwarrior 5 stole one of their designs, it's identical. So the game seems to have been delayed. I hope they ditch the design and move on with developing the game it looks amazing and I need a good Mech game fix now. I'm not going to get Front Line though I need a Mech game which feels heavy and war like, the Mechs in Front Line are more like jets were as the Mechwarrior Mechs are like tanks, slow thudding a beefy.
    Fenon

Re: Mechwarrior 5

Post by Fenon on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:20 pm

???
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade on Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:25 pm

Mechwarrior can't exactly steal any designs from Battletech being as it's set in the Battletech universe in the first place.

I always assumed it was because Microsoft bought the franchise after Mechassault came out and no ones been able to make a mechwarrior game since.

Last Mechwarrior game I played was Mechwarrior 2 on the Playstation which by all accounts isn't a proper mech game. Same with Mech Assault, but that was fine arcadey shooter.
    But then no mech game compares to the almighty Steel Battallion. Heavy and ponderous is what this game has in spades.
    Visage

Post by Visage on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:39 pm

Well ok so i was posting in the wrong forum - so shoot me! geek

posts deleted! Razz

Post by Fenon on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:08 pm

Neo Chade wrote:Mechwarrior can't exactly steal any designs from Battletech being as it's set in the Battletech universe in the first place.

I always assumed it was because Microsoft bought the franchise after Mechassault came out and no ones been able to make a mechwarrior game since.

Last Mechwarrior game I played was Mechwarrior 2 on the Playstation which by all accounts isn't a proper mech game. Same with Mech Assault, but that was fine arcadey shooter.
    But then no mech game compares to the almighty Steel Battallion. Heavy and ponderous is what this game has in spades.

The thing I read said something about a split and the Mechwarrior games not being allowed to use certain designs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content