The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

Batman Arkham Asylum.

Fenon

Batman Arkham Asylum.

Post by Fenon on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:21 pm

Ok, there have been other topics about it and it's been around a while so there's little need to review it. There was a topic about it but I think it was on the old forum, I need a search for Batman and nothing came up.

Graphics are better on PC than they were on the demo I played on the PS3, on my PC the game runs very smooth maxed out. I don't really like playing it with the keyboard and mouse but the game pad controls are completely messed up, pressing forward on the controller makes me walk backwards, and other controls aren't were I would like them either. An annoying thing is that you can't change any of the games graphics settings in game, you have to do it before the game starts.

The worst thing though is that you have to enter the games serial number when you start the game and then you need to enter it again when you are ingame and that second time links you game to an Xbox Live account, if you loss that Xbox Live account you loss your game. I've already forgotten one Xbox Live account, I have to make sure I don't loss this one. The only reason I'm not extremely mad about this is that I only paid £3.75 for the game, if I paid £29.99 for the game you can bet I'd be damning this game right now. The games already linked to my Steam account and can't be used again apart from on that account, what is the point in linking it to a Xbox Live account as well???

Love the game so far though and I'm sure nothing in the gameplay will be bad. I know this is a great game, visually the only problem I have with the game is that Batman is too buff.
    Fenon

Re: Batman Arkham Asylum.

Post by Fenon on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:27 am

Love the small details in the game, the little hidden things while no different than the usual things you can find in other games, they have much higher interest because you actually know and care about the characters and want to hear about them, usually you might listen, but do you really care?

There is a great feeling of completeness in this game, everything is solid and thought out.

The last and only other Batman game I've played was Batman Vengence on the Gamecube, I only rented it.

Arkham Asylum is better.
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:18 am

Arkham is simply one of the best games ever made, loved every minute of it.
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:45 pm

Nice there are some costume mods for the PC version:

http://geektyrant.com/news/2009/9/17/batman-arkham-asylum-fan-modified-suits.html

I don't care much for Bat's costume on this game, some of the fan made versions look very nice. Shame they don't get rid of those bracers he's wearing.

Aww just realised the thing that will suck is that he won't be wearing the new costume in cutscenes, which will ruin it a bit.

I'm not going to do anything to the game this playthrough.
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:21 am

I like collecting stuff in this game, there is actually a point to it, you get points for upgrades and with some things you get bits of character story, plus the bits that are hidden which are usually out of place in the game, like the flags from Assassins Creed actually fit the game because the Riddler left them for you to find, which is something I can imagine him doing, except I'm sure he would leave a riddle for the next thing you have to find.

I'm about 50% through the main story now I think, maybe a bit more, it says 37%, I think usually the way it goes is half the completed % is story and the other is collectibles.
    Visage

Post by Visage on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:32 pm

I almost got this instead of Cryses as it was on offer for the same price, I’m not regretting Cryses it’s one of the best
    fps’s I’ve played but I might have to give this another look.

Keep us posted
    but no spoilers please. Smile

Post by Fenon on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:47 pm

It's one of those games which is about as close to perfect as people who like to say no game is perfect will allow you to say. It's like a movie, and you never know what to expect. All the voice acting is spot on, I would say it's one of the best examples of voice acting I've seen and they use it so well.

I'm not sure if you should get this game on PC, the graphics are no doubt better but the keyboard controls suck, you can change them of course or even use a game pad, though if you may have to change a lot of the controls on the game pad, the movement controls are backwards on mine like I said. I'm using the keyboard and mouse at the moment but I think I'll try and use the game pad for my next playthrough on the hardest setting.

This game is very much worth buying.
    Visage

Post by Visage on Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:47 pm

Its supposed to be compatible with a 360 pad I think it’s because your using a ps3 pad u have issues.
    But look up a program called xpadder, you’ll be able to remap the controls to suite, but I’d suggest looking at a youtube tutorial first, but it works well.

Post by Visage on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:38 am

Got it, Very Happy looks fab, runs smooth as silk, the most immediate difference between this and xbox is particle effects, I dont remember the xbox having all that smoke wafting around as you walk. But I’m going to download the demo again to check. And 360 controller works as I remember it, it even has images of the buttons & sticks as you go through the tutorial, and the rumble works too.

Didn’t need steam (stuff em) only my live account, what’s your live tag so I can add you?

Ha! it's even shown up on the game card in my sig Very Happy

Post by Fenon on Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:09 am

That explains why you need to link the game to a gamer tag at least.

My tag is Fenight.

I was thinking of downloading the PS3 demo, I don't remember it looking so nice that I just stared a Jokers face with the zoom the whole way through the start of the game. I think I might have downloaded the demo before I got my HDTV so it most likely is because I watched it on a standard TV,

P.S. Does your version of Crysis have online multiplayer? I'm going to get Crysis soon and if yours does we can play, I'm getting the Maximum edition which lists multiplayer as either DLC or an expansion pack. I played Crysis on my old laptop but it hardly ran even on the lowest settings.

Included in the Maximum Edition:

Crysis

Confront an ancient alien terror to save mankind from extinction
    Adapt your approach - change combat tactics by customising your Nanosuit in real-time

Crysis: Warhead

Fight as the volatile Sergeant Sykes on a secret mission to stop the enemy from obtaining a weapon that threatens humanity
    Discover what happened on the other side of the island in a campaign that takes place at the same time as the events of Crysis
    Never play the same way twice - experiment with going stealth or with guns blazing in over-the-top action

Crysis Wars

Engage in many explosive multiplayer game modes on 21 total maps
    Up to 32 players can battle it out on foot or by vehicle in Team Instant Action, Power Struggle, and other online game modes
    Visage

Post by Visage on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:12 am

Fenon wrote:That explains why you need to link the game to a gamer tag at least.

My tag is Fenight.

I was thinking of downloading the PS3 demo, I don't remember it looking so nice that I just stared a Jokers face with the zoom the whole way through the start of the game. I think I might have downloaded the demo before I got my HDTV so it most likely is because I watched it on a standard TV,

P.S. Does your version of Crysis have online multiplayer? I'm going to get Crysis soon and if yours does we can play, I'm getting the Maximum edition which lists multiplayer as either DLC or an expansion pack. I played Crysis on my old laptop but it hardly ran even on the lowest settings.

Included in the Maximum Edition:

Crysis

Confront an ancient alien terror to save mankind from extinction
    Adapt your approach - change combat tactics by customising your Nanosuit in real-time

Crysis: Warhead

Fight as the volatile Sergeant Sykes on a secret mission to stop the enemy from obtaining a weapon that threatens humanity
    Discover what happened on the other side of the island in a campaign that takes place at the same time as the events of Crysis
    Never play the same way twice - experiment with going stealth or with guns blazing in over-the-top action

Crysis Wars

Engage in many explosive multiplayer game modes on 21 total maps
    Up to 32 players can battle it out on foot or by vehicle in Team Instant Action, Power Struggle, and other online game modes

Mines just the plain old Crysis, I didn't know about all those otheres. but good to hear as I can continue when i finish the main one.

I've no intention of going online, I use a pad so i'd get hammered by the keyboard/mouse players. And I tried Crysis 2 malty player demo on the 360 and didn't think much of it.

Post by Visage on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:36 am

Back to Batman

Did a back to back with 360 vs PC, Both running on the same 32” HDTV and simply switching between AV inputs to compare (both on HDMI) got to say there really isn’t much in it, to the point I had to keep looking over to the PC monitor (running it in duel mode) to check what version I was on. The 360 is missing the swirly smoke and the shadows are less solid and more realistic on the PC but they both look good, One thing that did surprise me was that the sound seamed fuller on the PC(same speakers etc), but the 360 was a demo so could have been trimmed down to save on file size, and it missed out big chunks of the level too.

Both look fantastic, if you’ve not played this yet it’s easy to find under £10 new, just get it no matter what format.

Post by Fenon on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:21 pm

I'm at the end of the game now, I haven't completed it quite yet because I was deciding if I wanted to collect everything or just complete it and then I got Civ 5 and I've had to ask people to drag me away from the PC because I haven't had the will power to do it myself. I'm a one more turn junky. I might just go on tonight and complete it because I've got too many games now and Shogun 2 is coming out soon and everything will be pushed to one side when I get that, I don't want to leave Batman unfinished.
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:59 am

Finally finished the game, I got so distracted with other new games I forgot to finish this one but now it's done. The last boss could have been harder he was way too easy, the bit just before the last boss was harder. I haven't collected everything yet, but there is something which concerns me, I don't seem to be able to start a new game. The only option I have is to resume my current one. I suppose I can go into the games files and find/remove my current saved game.
    Visage

Post by Visage on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:07 pm

Are there not 4 save slots when you load up the game?

Post by Fenon on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:53 pm

... yes...

Thanks Pop py.

*Cough*

Yes, well I knew that all the time, HAHAHA HA. It was all a joke, of course I knew, how long have I been gaming. Pfffft I'm not some noob that thinks their PC is broken when it's just not plugged in.
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:07 pm

It's £3.75 on Steam at the moment
    Visage

Post by Visage on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:52 am

I watched a trailer for the new one that's coming out at the end of the year and got a desire to go back to this as I've still a way to go yet before completing it, I'd forgotten how good it was, I really need to stop buying new games and concentrate on the ones I've got. Rolling Eyes

Post by Fenon on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:18 am

Visage wrote:I watched a trailer for the new one that's coming out at the end of the year and got a desire to go back to this as I've still a way to go yet before completing it, I'd forgotten how good it was, I really need to stop buying new games and concentrate on the ones I've got. Rolling Eyes

You and me both, I've not finished Borderlands, Mass Effect, that Tomb Raider game (Hardly started it), Magicka, Red Alert 3 and it's expansion, The Witcher, Supreme Commander 2, Shogun 2 Total War, DoW 2, not even started the expansion of DoW 2 or Bio Shock and Bio Shock 2. And most shamefully of all I've not collected all the dirty magazines in Mafia 2. Thats just the stuff on Steam and I'm thinking of getting the Monkey Islands games while the offer is on, I've only played a demo of one of the old games.

I've also got stuff on my PS3 to complete including DLC which I've bought and not even looked at since. Oh and of course I've not completed Minecraft yet.

Thats the problem with Steam, there are really good offers nearly every week, you can't refuse them so you don't get chance to play any of the games you've bought because you keep buying more.
    Visage

Post by Visage on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:23 pm

Yep very good game, every level well thought out without to much repetition, I liked walking through doors not knowing what I would find the other side, and I liked the freedom to be able to tackle a mission anyway you wanted,
    if I had to pull holes in it I found the last to boss battles tedious, not hard but just predictable and cliche.

Looking forward to the challenge levels and going back for the collectibles.

to those who've got a 360 I can't recommend this enough and yes Bri I'm talking to you, I thought you'd be all over this as you like your super hero games.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:17 pm