The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+3
Visage
DS9
Fenon
7 posters

Steam offers.

Fenon
    Fenon

Steam offers. - Page 4 Empty Re: Steam offers.

Post by Fenon Mon May 02, 2011 10:10 pm

Ok EA week this week, and todays offer is 50% off Dragon Age Origins (The ulimate edition is £12.49) and 25% off Dragon Age 2 (£22.49)

I was wanting to buy the Ultimate Edition not long ago, not sure how much it was on Amazon. I couldn't decide what to do, Amazon was cheaper but I didn't want the games cd and box. I'm going to look up how much it was and I think I'll buy it.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue May 03, 2011 9:46 pm

Ok today is Need for Speed or whatever version of that is made by EA. I did like Need for Speed Pro Street on the DS but I'm not interested in this so I'm not going to bother putting up the details. I would think unless you have a steering wheel you'll get this on a console.

I didn't get Dragon Age in the end, I was about to but I was running late and it turns out my address etx was deleted from the billing thing and I didn't have time or the will to fill it all out. It's only about 50p more expensive on Amazon so I might just get it on there sometime.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed May 04, 2011 9:46 pm

The Steam offer today is for the Sim's 3, it's only 40% off so it's £17.99 no where near enough off for me to even think about getting it, I bought the Sims and played it a fair bit, then got the Sims 2 and hardly played it, I got bored and didn't like the idea of playing a game about everyday life. I can justify playing a game which has me doing things that I couldn't or wouldn't want to do in real life, but stuff like reading the paper, going to the toilet and going to work... I'll just do it for real thanks. I do actually like the Sims I don't want to sound like I'm gainst it as a game idea, I just can't justify playing it myself.

The rest of the offer is just for Sims 3 dlc, but there is Sim City 4 as well for £2.50 which is a more interesting offer to me, still not interested though.

There are a few interesting games in EA's roster which might come up, I'm hoping C&C doesn't come up just because I already have them. Bad Company 2, Crysis 2, Bullet Storm, Mass Effect 2 and Dead Space 2 are what would be more interesting, though Crysis 2 and Bullet Storm wouldn't be reduced enough for me not to be able to resist them and I already have the Bio Shock games which are enough horror for me so Dead Space is out too (And it would be too expensive).
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed May 04, 2011 11:09 pm

Never played a sims game, but like the idea of the new medevil sims but not enough to actually buy it.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 05, 2011 7:03 pm

Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 are on offer today Mass Effect is £2.50 and ME2 is £9.99 and there is a bonus edition of ME2 for £14.99.

I don't have any of the ME games and I have kind of wanted them so I might get either both of them or one of them, any suggestions from people that have the games on if I should get them both or which one I should get. I'm a bit concerned because I've heard they aren't that different story wise.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Thu May 05, 2011 10:35 pm

Both games are very high up in my best games ever rankings.

Mass Effect is a fine game, but the sequel is soo much better in just about every way. Still worth playing, it has a fine story. Theres more story behind the human side of things if you do the side mission which make it all so much better. Unfortuantly the side missions are all without exception very very bad and as much fun as poking your own eyes out.

Mass Effect 2 is excellent, though it does suffer a little from being the middle child. The save game from ME1 will carry over, but it doesn't make a huge difference to the game. Every one should play this game, it's the best western RPG ever made.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Fri May 06, 2011 12:40 am

Despite the Chade missing the point of Minecraft I'd have to agree with him on this one.
    The first MA is one of the few games I completed twice, the second time was so I could move my character across to MA2 as I'd lost my save from the first play through, I still need to get into the second I'm only a few hours in but it's the better of the two if you need to choose, but to enjoy it properly you need to play through the first so you have a better understanding whats going on and the relationship of the people you will meet. particularly one awesome bit near the beginning that will be lost on you if you haven't played the first.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri May 06, 2011 1:22 am

I think I'll buy the first one and then when ME2 comes up in a sale again, which I'm sure it will I'll buy it then. I've got a lot of games on Steam now and a few I've not even started.

On Men of War is also on offer and it's also a very good game, I've played the demo of it and watched videos on Youtube. I'd say it's one of the best is not the best tank RTS out there, it's a very tactical game and very deep. Your tanks can take all kinds of damage and each kind has a different affect to the tank. It's not just a tank game though you have soldiers which have RPG elements to them, in that they have inventories and you can equip them with stuff you find on the enemy ingame. Really, really good game, very very bad voice acting, but the fun kind. It sounds like a fan made mods voice acting. I'm going to give buying it a miss this time as I took my sister out on her birthday with my brother in law and nephew and it cost me just under £100, so I'm not really looking to spend money for a while.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri May 06, 2011 9:47 pm

Ok Crysis day today, just the older games not the new one, both very cheap but we all have Crysis anyway so who cares.

I bought Mass Effect today.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat May 07, 2011 9:58 am

Hmm at the moment Mass Effect isn't working on my PC, it just starts loading and then stops before anything appears on screen. I'm doing a driver update because there appears to be one for my graphics card (No doubt I'll screw my PC up doing it). It does say there are problems running the game on windows 7 but as far as I can tell I've followed the fix and it's not helped.

I read something about turning the uac off but I don't know how to do that and I'm not sure I should be messing around with whatever that is.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat May 07, 2011 12:58 pm

Ok got Mass Effect working, just needed to download and install the 1.02 patch, Steam appears to screw it up. Wish the game had a 1920x1080 option and the controls are a bit different I'll need to get used to that, I want to use space bar to jump and I keep pressing R to reload but R throws a grenade. For a slightly old game it still looks very good, some of the human faces are a bit freakish.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri May 13, 2011 9:27 am

The Serious Sam collection is on offer on Steam right now, I think it's 75% off and is about £7.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon May 16, 2011 10:32 pm

Steam have a thing called daily deals, I don't know if thats only going to last a week or if it's going to be a constant feature.

Operation Flash Point Dragon Rising is on sale for £3.75. I have that game on PS3, and I would say don't get it unless you have a friend or group of friends to play it with, it's more of a co-op game really. It does have quite a good single player game, but you can play that online with someone which is much better.

It's one of those games that lies to you as well, it claims to give you a massive island which you can walk from one side of to the other if you want. You can't at any point do that, it is 100% a lie, if you try you get an out of battle zone message and I think you fail the mission. I may well be that the would world is there and you just can't explore it, but since you can't it might as well not be there. There was a DLC which you pay for which lets you go everywhere on the map, BUT!!!! There are no enemies and there's nothing to do all you can do is sight see!

The game is fun but it's buggy, I didn't find the bugs too bad but you will see the AI doing some stupid stuff. My friend and I were waiting for a transport full of troups to come and attack us, we had done the mission before and knew what to expect, so we waited and waited and waited some more and nothing. So we went down the road to see what happened, we found the transport in the sea with all the soldiers treading water. It was very funny, you can't dislike something like that happening but it wasn't supposed to.

The best thing about this game is that you can actually act like a soldier, and on hardcore mode (The only way the game should be played) it's quite realistic (Bar the actual chance you'll die). On Hardcore you have no help with markers or anything you have to work it all out on your own, and if you die you have to start the mission over from the beginning. The easier modes have check points and marks, the AI isn't any different though, oh and the check points aren't good, most of the time the check points will save when you are being attacked so every time you die you will go back to a point where you are being attacked, except this time you will have to work out where you are being attacked from, mostly you'll die again and be forced to restart the mission anyway.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon May 23, 2011 9:01 pm

Ubisoft week this week.

Prince of Persia is on sale today, the PS2 games and the newer one with the different art style. I've got the PS2 ones and I don't care much about the newer one.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon May 23, 2011 10:41 pm

I can recommend the cel-shaded one, were you go through the game with the princess and combine abilities, it uses the Assassins Creed engine and gives a sort of free running experience, I return to it every now and then and it still feels fresh.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon May 23, 2011 10:49 pm

Visage wrote:I can recommend the cel-shaded one, were you go through the game with the princess and combine abilities, it uses the Assassins Creed engine and gives a sort of free running experience, I return to it every now and then and it still feels fresh.

I think I'd rather play it on console anyway. May pick it up if I see it cheap.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 26, 2011 1:28 pm

Track Mania is on offer for a little while longer today till 6pm as always. Never heard of it before and can't say I'm inspired to care.

Same & Max games are also on offer for the mid week madness thing, Sam and Max are cool, I don't know what their games are like, they are some kind of point and click thing like Myst aren't they? I don't think I've played one of those kinds of games since I was in secondary school.

Hoard is also on offer, and I'm actually tempted by it, I played the demo and while it wasn't the best game it was a solid bit of fun. I'd rather have it on a handheld though,this is on the daily offer thing so not long to go if you want it.

Oh Dungeons is also on offer but it's still quite expensive at £14.99 or so.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Thu May 26, 2011 3:04 pm

Trackmania is very much arcadey racing game. I say racing, you don't tend to actually race everything, it's 100% time trials. Even in multiplayer the cars cannot collide. Take that as you will. I suppose it's main selling feature is the tracks which really are fun, and it has a track editor to make your own.
    If it's super cheap and you like 'fun' racing games, worth a shot. If you want hardcore racing physics, it's a no no.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 26, 2011 8:06 pm

Ok Far Cry today games 1 and 2 are of sale and both cheap, the first game is £1 something and the second is £2.50 and you can buy them both for £3.78 I think. Good offer but can't really be arsed.

Also a game called Evil Genius is out, you play an evil villian, I think it's like a tower defence game with you defended against James Bond clones. Don't really remember, saw the game ages ago and thought it was interesting, not thought about it since though. Doubt I'll bother. It's about £3 something I think.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:21 pm

Frostbyte offer is on, I think it's one of the mid week madness things. Anyway it's 3 of their games for £3 something, I don't know about their other games but Trine is a very very good game and it's more than worth buying for that alone. I bought Trine on the PS3 for between 310-£15 and it was completely worth it. It looks beautiful it has different ways to approach each level and it's 3 player co-op. Vis you might be interested, it's more than possible this is a game you can play with your kids on the same machine with xbox controllers. I haven't had the need to check that but you might want to. I'm really tempted to buy it and I already own it.

I can't really be arsed with the other offers, there's a CoD one and one for a plane game.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:52 pm

Will give it a look M8 Smile

EDIT... Had a look, undecided so downloading the demo.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:30 am

How can anyone not buy that for £3.30 and you get 2 other games with it!! even though I'll prob not even install them.

Trines a gem of a game can't understand why I've never heard of it, I'm not into side scrolling games these days but I do appreciate good level design and this looks like it has tones of it.

Don't no when I'll get around to playing it but it's to good to ignore for that price.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:39 am

I confess I've not completed it yet, I'm quite a way in though. (Man my foots clicking a lot tonight) I think I got stuck somewhere. All three characters play in completely different ways and you should be able to complete each level only using one of them, but I think there might be a few areas you need to use a certain character. The way the game is presented is like a fairy tale as well, I like the narration (Foot clicked again) there's not much story to the characters but each one of them is likable. I think I'll need to go back and complete the game, it would be a real shame not to.

Trine is like Little Big Planet made into a proper platformer, infact until recently I thought it was made by the LBP guys using their engine, I didn't know it was an Indie game.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:47 pm

There is some hacker based game on sale today, there was a good hacker game on the Amiga that my sister used to play a lot, I doubt it's related to that though. It's £3 something.

I uninstalled Trine from my PS3 but I just reinstalled it and it turns out I got past a part I was stuck on and stopped at the start of the next level, don't know why I just did it and it wasn't difficult (A fly just tried to crash into my mouth...) I got past that level without problems and the next. I think I must only be a few levels from the end of the game now. I love how you can make any choice you like on how to pass things and the wizard is prehaps the best wizard I've seen in a game, his powers are the most fun and killing things by dropping blocks on them is the best way to kill things, well... not the best but the most enjoyable. There's always the oh crap moment when you are in a fighting bit of the game and the only character you have left is the wizard.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:04 pm

I had a nightmare situation just now, Steam logged me out and I couldn't log back in. To say I shat myself wouldn't come close. I thought that either the e-mails I've had from Steam had actually been something important that I needed to know or someone had hacked my account. Turns out as always that it was just that I entered the wrong pass, I thought I had changed it a while ago but it turns out I did not. I tried to use the forgotten password thing and that didn't work so I was lucky I did work it out. I need to take more care...

At least I deleted my bank details off it so I would only have lost a few games (15 or so buy most were super cheap). I think there is a way to get your account back even if poop does hit the fan but it's a hassle, would have had a hard job sleeping tonight if I didn't get back into my account.

Civ 4 I think is on offer for £3 something, so are a few other games, those aren't super cheap though, only half off. Ok thats still good but not £3.75 good. Marvel Universe Online is about £14 but that will only get you about 2 months on play. Until MUO makes a trial I'm not interested in it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am