The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

Steam offers.

Fenon

Re: Steam offers.

Post by Fenon on Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:40 pm

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic took a bit of fiddling to get it to work it kept shrinking down to the taskbar once I turned off movies it worked fine, don't know if it just means intro movies or ingame as well. The controls for the game suck, it's almost as bad as the Witcher. Pretty fun though when you start to get used to it, doubt I'll get hooked to the game though, hope I muddle through and finish it.

I don't think any of the Steam offers interest me today.
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:54 pm

I have money again! YAY! I can buy whatever I want on Steam again... There's nothing I really want on there now... And it's near the end of the sale... yay...

I do want Sword of the Stars, but it had a huge F up when it was released and is completely broken, it's still being patched to get it up to par, so I'm going to leave that for now. The Bindind of Issac and maybe some of the Shogun DLC is all I'm interested in today, well and Men of War, which is a brilliant game but I just know that I will hardly play it.
    Visage

Post by Visage on Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:04 pm

I got Just Cause2 in the sale a few days ago and had forgot how fun it is, I had it on 360 for a while, it’s good for a quick blast but leave the story alone it gets monotonous very fast.

Post by Fenon on Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:15 am

Going to buy Sword of the Stars 1 with all it's DLC for £5.99, I feel like playing a space RTS and this is supposed to be a good one. Sword of the Stars 2 was supposed to be better but since they haven't got it working yet there's no point in buying it. I was going to buy the Deus Ex DLC but I remembered that I bought the Mafia extra mission's DLC and haven't even tried it yet, I don't want the same thing to happen with the Deus Ex DLC (I also haven't played the Heavy Rain DLC that I bought either, which is stupid...), I'll get the Deus Ex DLC next sale when I'm ready to play it.
    Visage

Post by Visage on Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:18 am

Tempted to get DeusEx but cant deside to go for the Augmented Edition or not.

Post by Fenon on Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:37 am

thought you already had it. It's a very good game though the boss fights while are fine they are not in the spirit of Deus Ex in that you can't avoid it, I've heard in the old games you could 100% non-leathal, you have to kill the bosses in this one. Thats the only semi negitive thing you need to know.

I think the only real reason to get the augmented edition for the bombs and sniper rifle, but you could just buy that as dlc, I don't know what an advantage the Augmented edition is, maybe there is some art work or something?
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:00 am

The feck? When I went to bed last night Sword of the Stars was 60% downloaded, when I started it this morning it was down to 47%. No big deal my internet speed is twice what it was last night, just a bit strange.
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:22 pm

Ok bugger looks like some good stuff is on sale today, namely L.A. Noire and Might and Magic Heroes (Which scares me a little since it for some reason shows my real name instead of my nickname, in the demo at least). MaM H VI is still a little expensive for my tastes and the demo is pretty expansive though you can't customize yourself, so I can wait. Think I will get L.A. Noire, it's something I was thinking of getting at launch, it's £8.74 with all the DLC I guess. Might also get the rest of the Magicka DLC though I never play the game now...
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:09 pm

Last day sale is a bit meh, I mean it pretty much has all the biggest games at the moment on there, but they are all still pretty expensive, and there are very few really cheap games there. I might buy Saints Row, just because my nephew has it and whats to play it with me. He has CoD 3 as well but I'm sick of CoD, I hardly played Black Ops, MW2 I did play quite a lot though and it's still pretty fun.

Bought the last bits of DLC for Magicka (Turns out I already had most of it...) and bought L.A. Noire still downloading it, internets been bad today, I suppose because everyones using it, so I've not been able to play it yet.
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

I see you've bought Saints Row 2 Vis, I bought Saints Row 3. I think I would have bought SR2 I've heard it's a deeper game than SR3 which is just more over the top but with a lot less substance. Only reason I bought it was because my Nephew has it and has been bugging me to play it.
    Visage

Post by Visage on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:37 am

SR2 has been on my hit list for a while, I was trying to avoided PC as it has a reputation for being one of the worst ports but at £2.50 it was worth the punt, It did run crap but the forums point to a couple of community patches that fix and enhance the game and it’s working fine now.

Definitely glad I went for it I’m finding it addictive, I was signed off work for most of Feb and overdosed on Skyrim & KoA so I don’t want to see another dungeon for a while.

Post by Fenon on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:04 pm

SR3's physics etc are really good, car's can bounce all over the place in really funny ways but they also feel solid, the rag doll physics are top notch as well. It's a really well made game so far, I'm not too keen on the over the top sex stuff. I'm not going to be too happy getting hit by over sized phallus.
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:28 am

The Penny arcade games are on sale on Steam today, you can get the first 2 episodes for £2.25, or £1.50 each but you'll want to get them both. I have them on PS3 and I can say they are pretty funny, you play more for the humour really but the game is good. They weren't going to make a third episode but I believe they have now.
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:06 am

Well they've made a new episode on ps3 any way.
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:48 pm

It's on ipad pc xbox etc as well. And quite different style to the other 2.
    Visage

Post by Visage on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:27 pm

75% off all Dawn of War at the moment, I've already got DoW2 & Chaos Rising So what else do you recommend?

Post by Fenon on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:46 am

Anything but Soulstorm really. Neo would be the best to ask, but Dark Crusade is a stand alone game you get access to all the armies offline (Not campaign you can only play as those space marines in that), Online I think you can only use Tau and Necrons, not 100% on that, personally I don't like the online mode much, against a human player it goes on forever, you can team up against the AI though. The other games do have their own campaigns and I think the vanilla game and first expansion have slightly different campaigns.

Didn't think this would go on offer so soon, guess I'll have to buy the latest expansion now...
    Visage

Post by Visage on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:42 am

I think I might prefer the bigger battles of the earlier games over the squad based action of the DoW2.
    What I’d like is a Standalone obviously with maybe 2 or 3 of the better expansions, I’ll wait for Neo & his big hat of DoW knowledge.

Post by Fenon on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Yeah the first games are a lot of fun, and the kill animations are more entertaining. I don't think there is any cover system though, it's mostly just throw your guys at something till it dies. Might reinstall my old DoW games actually I never did complete the campaign, I used mods and they caused it to crash at a certain point. Oh the campaign is different as well, it's more like the game of risk or the Total War world map, you take zones and also defend them. It's not as story driven as DoW2.

Do you have the DoW2 Retribution expansion (He says knowing you don't, at least the last time I looked on Steam), that uses larger forces like DoW and you can use all the races in the campaign for the first time. I've heard the story isn't too deep or something like that.

Soul Storm is a naff game but if you are only paying like £2 for it, I don't think you'll regret buying it too much. It adds Sisters of Battle and Dark Eldar to the game which is pretty good, though I think the Dark Eldar are pretty lame and the Sisters of Battle mod is much better than the Soul Storm Sisters, the art work for the modded Sisters is amazing, Relic should have paid to use them and saved themselves some shame.
    Visage

Post by Visage on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:25 pm

So you saying I should get Retribution? I wasn’t even looking at that but it has larger forces (unlike Shroud :p sorry couldn’t resist) then that might do me.

Someone on gf&q said Dark Crusade can be hard if you haven’t learnt what to do in the earlier games, I don't really want to get more than one standalone as the chances are it will sit in my library untouched.

Post by Visage on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:52 pm

Ok I’m thinking Retribution & Dark Crusade that’s just under £7, is the DoW2 dlc bundle worth bothering with if I’m not taking it online?

Also can you save at any point during a campaign with Dark Crusade as I know what a time sink rts can be?

Edit. Damn have just noticed Space Marine is on offer too, so that could be another £5.

Post by Fenon on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:27 pm

Space Marine is on offer? Damn you now I have to buy it as well... Lucky I got paid today.

You can save after you completed missions in Dark Crusade, I don't believe you can during a mission.

Dark Crusade is what I would have suggested getting, I think you need the DoW to play the Winter Assault expansion.

I'm afraid I don't know much about the DLC, I've been wondering if it's worth getting.
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:37 pm

if you only want one -

Dark Crusade does have the most replay value. Games can drag though
    Dawn of War has the most enjoayable campaign. And it comes with Winter Assault.

Personaly, I love all the Dawn of War 2 games. Chaos Rising has good campaign. Retribution is my fave. So there

Buy Space marine, prob better on console though.
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:38 pm

What are your thoughts on DLC?
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:44 pm

DoW2 dlc comes in three flavours.
    Graphical dlc. Gives you unique models for your armies in Skirmish/online. based on certain chapters, etc etc.
    Last Stand war gear dlc. Gives you some wargear in The Last Stand. Some of it's good, if you ever plan to play the Last Stand.
    Tau Commander for Last Stand. Far too op.
    Campaign DLC. gives you wargear for your commander. makes it crazy easy. As if it wasn't already.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:53 pm