The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+3
Visage
DS9
Fenon
7 posters

Steam offers.

Fenon
    Fenon

Steam offers. - Page 5 Empty Re: Steam offers.

Post by Fenon Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:17 am

Overlord 2 is on Steam till tomorrow at 6pm. It's supposed to be a funny rpg thing where you control minions and try to become the Overlord or something. I just watched the video of the first game and it just made me think of Pikmin. I've heard the game is good and I think I'll be buying it tomorrow, there is a collection which is £3.75 for all the games or you can buy each game on it's own Overlord is 87p it's expansion is £1.75 and Overlord 2 is also £1.75.

I whenever Dark suggested playing Oblivion, I always thought he was talking about this game... I suppose because they both start with an O and I had only seen videos for this. I thought it was a bit odd that he was so into this game.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:51 am

Overload 1 was quite good, I can only imagine the second would be better, but I've enough games in my library at the moment so I wont be tempted.

So now off topic... it's occurred to me fen that you've never played Oblivion Shocked if that's right I'd suggest you correct that gaping chasm in your gaming history and then...... kiss your life goodbye. geek
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:24 am

I'm downloading the demos of the Overlord games just to make sure I like it and that I can play them.

When I finished playing Fallout 3 I was going to try Oblivion but Dark said it puts more stress on your computer than Fallout 3 and I could barely play that near it's best settings on my laptop. I've been thinking about getting it now that I have my PC.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:21 am

Played the demo of the first game (Thought I was having trouble running it because it kept getting a black screen of the first loading screen, but turns out it was just because I had Terraria running in the background).

Controls are a bit iffy with the keyboard and mouse but it supports controllers so I'll try and play with mine. I kicked the jester minion in the face when he said his first word, which was a lot of fun. When I started the first mission and when I got to the sheep I just had a gleeful smile. Not because I was thinking of the evil things I was going to do, it just made me happy. I think it's the sounds, the way the sheep bounce around and the humour in the game. It's nice looking too.

Yep I'm buying this set of games.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:23 pm

Bought them, the demo of the second game took a lot longer to enjoy, but I still go a smile.

It's better if you have an Xbox controller it's automatically set up for that, I had to actually set every button manually for my controller to work. The game is much better with the controller, I think it's a game that was always intended for the console anyway. The only thing that sucks is that the button prompts are all for the Xbox controllers buttons so I have to work out which it is on mine.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:34 pm

I enjoyed the first Overlord but I confess I never finished it.The humour is great but the game gets a bit samey after a while
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:18 pm

Minecraft just blue screened again and completely screened up my Steam, I couldn't get into Steam after my computer restarted, I was getting an error everytime. I had Steam running while I was playing Minecraft and everytime I started it I got an error message, so I completely uninstalled Steam and redownloaded/installed it, however it seems that uninstalling Steam also uninstalls every game that you have on Steam so now I have to reinstall all my games, well actually I'm not going to install all of them, just the ones I'm using at the moment, chances are all my saves are gone as well. my hard drive is clearer now anyway.

I may just play minecraft on my laptop till I work out why it's blue screening.

Hmm I've found something that says nvidia doesn't like Minecraft in window mode so I should press F11 as soon as the game starts. I'll give it a go, but I won't have anything else running for a while.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:18 am

Ok well one good thing thats come out of this (The only good thing...) is that my Minecraft world that I built that tower and house in has had the weather changed so the swimming pool no longer freezes over, problem is most of the area is covered in snow and the sea is full of ice, so I have to remove all of it, I might attempt to do the sea with the world editor. I'll also give myself back the iron blocks I lost, I was attempting to finally make the roof of my train station (The booster cart no longer works so nor does my train track) I was using iron blocks for metal beams that hold the glass in place. each block is 9 iron so I lost a lot of iron.

Oh Team Fortress 2 is free this week (Just for this week, at the end of this week you have to buy it or stop playing), I think it's a good game might be worth trying it, I was downloading it when I blue screened. And there is some James Bond stuff 66% off two of the newer James Bond games.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:33 am

Ok looks like Team Fortress 2 is free to play for good now, don't know if there is an ingame shop I've just started downloading it.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:25 am

TF2 is free, and everyone should be downloading it. Unless you really hate fps I suppose. Find a good server and you will never be bored.

It has a shop, but you don't NEED to buy anything, unless you really like hats.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:55 am

I REAAAAALLLY like hats.

It's pretty good, I've not played online yet just done some offline games. I'm playing around with the options still because I'm finding that the mouse doesn't turn me enough for my liking. I love the animation quality and the things the characters say. So far not really managing to stay alive for long.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:12 pm

Downloading but I get hand cramp when using wasd so I don't think I'll enjoy it.

Wasn't it part of the Orange box? if so I played it a bit on 360.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:37 pm

Yeah it's from the Orange Box. You can set the WASD controls to a controller if you want, but you have to use the mouse to look around. I wanted to set it up so that I could use a controller to play, but I couldn't change those look controls.

I was thinking of buying Star Ruler today, but I've been out all day and the chance went...

San Andreas is on sale today.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:55 am

Damn I played the demo of Star Ruler and while I didn't really do much because there is so much stuff and the text was too small for me to read easy, I can see that it's like a deeper version of Sins of a Solar Empire. Like Civ 2 of a Solar Empire. I don't think I'd pay £12.99 for it but if it comes up on sale again I'll get it.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:43 am

Hmm £6.80 TO buy or not to buy that is the question, if I do I will probably never finish ether of the witchers.

And should I mod it right from the start or play it vanilla first, I do like the sound of the alternative start from the boat.

And then Stony will get pi$$ed with me for bugging him about mods.

Can you guess what's on offer?

Last edited by Visage on Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:20 am; edited 2 times in total
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:14 am

Oblivion?
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:21 am

Yep u win a cake!

damn Morrowind is 25% off I'd much rather mod the hell out of that, but is it worth £9.74

Or do I wait until 11,11,11 scratch
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:27 am

Ha sweet I don't have Steam on my laptop at the moment, so that was an actual guess. I'll have to finally buy that later today.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:24 pm

Right Oblivion it is, more out of curiosity for the mods as I've already put may hours in on the 360.

Morrowind needs to come down a bit more before I bite.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:17 pm

Just bought the £6.80 version of the game. Getting ready to dislike the game so that I can drive Dark crazy. Pffft how can you like this game Dark it looks like it was made in 2007, where's the Directx 11 support? Why can't I use magic in both hands, laaaaaaame!
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:23 pm

*Cough* It's alright so far.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:33 am

So many offers! I'm tempted to buy a lot of games, but I already have so many... but they are so cheap.

Edit: I think I might get the Magicka DLC, I might not play it for a while, when my Nephew gets his PC I'm fairly sure he'll be getting Magicka, I've not completed the game yet so I'll still have reason to play it when he gets it.

I might also get the Battlefield 2 and Vietnam expansion (Not getting the DLC though it's just skins). I was thinking about getting the Halflife games, I did have the first Halflife game but well I didn't get very far into it, I think I only got to a point slightly after the accident. I watched a lot of Freemans Mind and I don't know why I stopped playing.

Uggh it's going to be an expensive month... I have to pay £200 for driving lessons, I was paid the correct amount this month and now Steam is going to eat the rest of my money. Thank goodness I know Fable 3 is shit or I might have been thinking about getting that.

Edit 2.5: Screw it I'm also going to get Darksiders, I've seen good reviews for it. Looks like a very solid game. Not going to get the Halflife games, just not really feeling it, I'm sure they will be on offer another time and I might get them then.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:01 pm

Oh balls BF2 is an EA game that likely means I'm going to need to make an account which the game will be locked to or some rubbish, I hate EA... Shit yes it is.

Uggh why do I always realise this stuff after I've bought it... I'm going to have to write it down I already have an EA account but I can't remember what it is. This is the last EA game I'm buying I don't like this shit, I already have too many gosh darn passwords to remember, chances are I won't play this game for that long anyway.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Phew nothing much of interest today, only really Transformers War for Cybertron, I think I'll see if it's a good port since it's a console game. It's supposed to be a good game and it has more of the look of the animated movie (Amazing movie if you haven't seen it). The only slight beef I have with the game is that I would have liked it to be set on earth, but I think that would have ruined the game. I think to set it on earth they need to create a stealth element to the game, where you have to not be detected by humans. I'd just like to see a point in them transforming into cars etc other than to get around faster. In most of the games transforming is just about pointless.

I would have thought about buying Dragon Age but it's more expensive than I'm willing to spend (Nearly £Cool, and Two Worlds 2 is supposed to be good but again thats £8 and I don't really feel like buying it. CoD MW2 is £14 something... Yeah I'm going to spend that much on that game now... (I already have the game anyway I'm just suprised they are still trying to sell it for that much).

Steam is a bit screwed up at the moment, maybe due to high sales and the downloads that come with that. I've been having a lot of trouble downloading Darksiders, it just completely stops, doesn't even show the % remaining.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:51 am

I have a message saying no connection on Steam despite the fact that my connection is good and... I just clicked for it to continue downloading some paused games and that is working fine...

Are you guys having any problems?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:50 am