The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

Enslaved

Fenon

Enslaved

Post by Fenon on Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:15 pm

Didn't like the look of this game when I first saw it, and didn't really take any interest, but I've just played the demo and its good.

The game play is like Uncharted, lots of climbing and jumping onto things. It's not done as well things happened more fluidly in Uncharted, in this its like you triggered an event, I don't in Uncharted it just felt like the event was going to happen anyway even if you weren't there. For example in Enslaved I was following someone through a flying ship that was falling from the sky and bits exploding, you move forwards and sometimes things would explode and block your path, its just a bit more noticable that its happening because you moved to a set point and triggered it. In Uncharted you start on a train thats hanging off a cliff, bits sometimes break or the train shifts a bit more off the edge, it just happens more like a cut scene its like it was going to happen anyway, and the way they do it you don't want to hang around and see if the train will fall. You can see that the guys behind Enslaved wanted to make their game like Uncharted, but their attempt just isn't as good, it is fine though. There is one slight annoyance that I had and that was with the bars that you grab onto, you don't smoothly swing from one to the other you grab the bar and swing yourself up and stand on the bar. Which when you are moving from one bar to another is really quite annoying, more so when you are made to feel you are in a rush, it maybe that you need to hold a button or something to swing and release from bars quickly but I didn't manage it if it is possible.

The graphics are very good and I like the characters faces a lot, they are quite emotive.

What I really like though is that the main character must be based on the Monkey King (China's version of Loki), he has a monkey staff that extends and ride around on a energy disk of some kind thats like Monkeys cloud.

A search on google shows me that other people have noticed the Monkey King thing aswell.
    Visage

Re: Enslaved

Post by Visage on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:27 am

I’ve played the demo and liked it enough to put on my must play list, but might wait for the price to drop or simply rent it, unfortunately I’ve far to many games to play at the moment, or should that be fortunately? is my cup half full or half empty?? scratch

Post by Fenon on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:31 am

Your cups over-filling with whipped cream on the top.

I think I'll wait till this is cheap, there are a lot of games coming out in the near future and since this is the kind of game thats only played once and there are not likely to be multiplayer modes, I don't think its worth getting new unless you really like it.

The main character is actually called Monkey! Oh and the guy that is doing the voice and kind of giving his face to Monkey was Gollum in Lord of the Rings.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:59 am