The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

Angel's & Demon's a Fen'corp game.

Fenon
    Fenon

Angel's & Demon's a Fen'corp game. Empty Angel's & Demon's a Fen'corp game.

Post by Fenon Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:53 am

A&D is a take on the traditional rpg, with real time rather than turn based combat. Originally the game was just about combat and training to be stronger, however it has grown into many more things mini-games (i.e. you can play football, and when I work out a good shuffle system cards), Harvest Moon style crop growing, activities like forming bands, Roleplaying, survivalism (Some areas of the game will have harsh terrian and require you to be correctly kitted out or you'll die for sure), mini activities like cooking and making sure you have clean drinking water (Required to survive in the game but not required too often or too hard to get hold of in most areas).

In many ways my aim has moved away from creating a game and moved towards creating a living world, I've thought about ways to create science in the game but thats a little crazy.

There is a story in the game, nothing original but the players are not part of that story. If anything they are just bystanders, they might happen to be in a town when part of the story is being played out in real time. The reason they are not actively involved is because they are playing in the world, not in the story, they are there to make their own stories in that world not play out mine.

NPC's there will be a lot of them, all talking individuals Shop Keepers will all say different things, I also want to blur the lines between NPC's and players for example NPC's will react to players and be killable. Some sellected players will be turned into NPC's, when they are not logged in they will be replaced with an NPC version of themselves which will vanish when they login (Maybe saving it where they logged out) and when they are logged in they will have a talk verb like the NPC's. These things are to again help create a living breathing world.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Angel's & Demon's a Fen'corp game. Empty Re: Angel's & Demon's a Fen'corp game.

Post by Fenon Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:54 am

Here is a list of features and planned features:

I have temperature in the game (this affects what you should wear in areas).

Bounty Hunting (There are skills to help you track down other players).

Hunting (May add foxes and let you go fox hunting).

Ships (Will be added a bit later with ship battles and the will be a limited set of ships with insides).

Thurst Hunger (Hunger is in the game and Thurst is coming and will be affected by temperature).

Lots of items (I've already got a lot of items but I'm adding more all the time)

Armours/weapons (The armour/weapons are infinitely upgradable so you can make any armour/weapon the strongest in the game if you put the effort in).

Village/Town/City ownership (I'm going to have a system where they are both buyable and takable).

Guilds (I can't remember what I was going to do with them now...).

Houses (these will be buyable and decoratable and have gardens where you can grow plants etc).

Nobles (You can buy nobility which allows you access to better places in Cities and also allows you to learn to read).

Reading (will let you discover secrets and let you open secret doors).

Flamable (Dry areas in the game will be subject to combustion so starting a fire on them or firing a fire arrow into them will cause a bush fire. they will also have a clance of starting up on their own).

There will be destructable items (These will be like fences so you can set up your own little base anywhere on the map and also players can attack you and break down the fences).

Skills (There are only a few at the moment but more will be added and hopefully they will be a little more unusual than you usually get).

Events (Rather than you triggering events or being an active part in them, there will be some that happen in the game maybe without you even knowing about it. I'm planning a fight in a town that happens every now and again. There will also be events/quests that you are involved with).

Babies (These will just be AI that once they're old enough will crawl around. The parents and other players will be able to kill the baby).

Marriage (It's in other MMO's so why not mine, it will allow a few different things i.e. babies. But for the most part is just a bit of fun. Gay marriage is allowed).

Highland Games (I've been watching the Highland games on channel 4 and I've gotten interested in it so I'm adding some of the Highland games, I've added the weight throw (Don't know it's exact name, thats what it's called on all the websites I've visited) I'll also be adding the Hammer Throw and the Caber Toss)

Languages (There will be different languages around the game that you won't understand unless you learn them. That includes players from different area's, random words and phrases from the area they are from will come up when they talk, unless you speak the language. Nobles will be able to learn languages easier and will be able to speak Latin and French from the get go (Only if they are born noble, if they buy it they'll still have to learn) Only nobles and monks can speak Latin).

Football (Nothing complex like Fifa or anything actually it's more like PSO's football game, or kid's playing in the park with jumpers for goal posts. I'm also going to add code so that you sometimes get the head of someone you've killed to use as a ball. I don't like football but this is quite fun).

Adding Ferret Legging (The character will just go mental for a while).

Added items saved to map (Objects droped in the players house now get saved, like in PSU but there are no fixed locations for things. Also garden items are saved so you can grow plants).

Added a new attack (The player jumps and slams down onto the ground, causing damage to all those around him/her).

Punishment for bad players (swearing, being american etc) (Burning the Heretic, the bad player will be jailed for a while then it will be announced where they will be burned and when, then when they are burned, they'll die and in death will be released from the punishment).

salting foods (Some foods will go bad if you don't salt them).

Hot water bottles (Keep you warm while camping so that you don't need to worry about someone stealing your fire.)

Day/night cycle (There's a little bug with this at the moment, it saves everything on the map).

Real world clock. (Working but doesn't change for daylight savings).

NPC's (There will be a lot of these buggers, I'm going to make all of them killable and when you kill one in view of another NPC they'll go crazy screaming "MURDER!!" or something and guard NPC's will attack the murderer).

Guards (There will be town guards, their job will be to protect players in towns and to stop the entering areas, for example a peasant entering a nobles area).

You can transform (There are Angel/Demon transformations in the game, I've just added the system that I needed for form3/4 which were quite difficult to get right).

Sound (I've added footstep sounds and others, perhaps more interestingly I'm adding instruments like guitars etc so players can from their own bands. The guitars work really well much better than expected).

Taxes (Town's will have tax, I know that doesn't sound like a good addiction to the game but for the most part it won't affect the players too much. When you buy something from an NPC for example, some of the money will go into the towns funds these can be accessed by the towns king and can be used to buy new things for the town and build the towns defences. The king will also get a cut of the tax).

Gigs (I've decided to add gigs to the game so players can book inns/pubs to play their music to the other players, players that want to hear will pay a small entrance fee that the band will be able to collect at the end).

Illness (There will be different illnesses that can be picked up in the game and each one having a different affect, I'm also adding mental illness so you may see things that aren't there and hear things that aren't said).

Doctors (Doctors is a craft that can heal illnesses etc. but more interestingly they can create illnesses and infect other players, causing plagues and other trouble in the game, Doctors need to be able to read and so be noble, they will also need to find certain books and do research to create some of the more interesting illnesses).

Void (An underground cultish faction within the game that follow the way of the Void, they don't understand good and evil in the same way as we do and so do as they like and have a deep interest in the Demon as they feel they are the key to becoming the void. Not actually an evil faction.)

Holographic Projectors (I'm adding these as a high technology for the Void faction, they will use these for building their camps, rather than having walls to defend them they will have these which will clone the ground art work and then project it over the place they choose to make their camp, these aren't magic machines I will explain how they work, Void believe that black holds the answer to every question and so the projectors work by taking a black sheet and taking out all of the colours that aren't needed to create the image that is wanted (A bit like a giant photo...).)

Dancing (I hate break dancing and the crap movies about it, but I've added an item for players which allows them to set up their own dance routine for them and 5 other people, it lets you do fairly much animation in the game (There aren't that many), it'll be funny anyway, I may have dance competitions to see who has the most imaginative routine. It started off as just a verb for mods to mess with players by forcing them to dance).
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:55 am

Reserved spot.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:58 am

First attempt at recording and uploading, the quality it was recorded on and the resizing on youtube have left it a little blurred. I'll try and find out what size youtube uses.

Looks much better in 480.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:57 am